Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 1998 22:13:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        nstlkr@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: D-loading

"Night Stalker" <nstlkr@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
>

>      I have some experience using Linux.  And, I want to download a
> good
> version of BSD, but, searching through your ftp, I couldn't find an
> exe
> file, right now I am running Win95.  I need a file to download that
> will
> setup BSD.   Thank you.

No exe to be had.  UNIX doeen't use exe's.  You best bet is to go to
www.cdrom.com and order the FreeBSD distribution.  Cost is less that
$50US and the money supports the development effort -- money well spent
even if after trying it you decide that FreeBSD is not for you.

The FreeBSD system can indeed be downloaded from the ftp site, but
unless you have a fat pipe it will be a long haul.

Best of Luck.
Frank