Date:      Sun, 22 Jan 2017 10:57:25 -0800
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        nowhere <florence44638@caliopea.com>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Durable/serious arm hardware ?

Sorry about the top post, my computer is in a box.=C2=A0

Have you looked at the products from Netgate?=E2=80=8E They are the sponsor=
 for PFSense and Jim Thompson is somewhat regular on this list. They have n=
ew product based on an arm board, but also have some nice SOHO stuff based =
on low power x86 boards. =E2=80=8E

As Ian pointed out there are dozens of manufacturers and many SOMs/SBC are =
not for consumers, but you need to be able to specify the hardware you want=
 and order in bulk. Many have dev boards but good luck getting complete har=
dware support without some effort.=C2=A0

That said, =C2=A0I've had good luck with my solid run hummingboard (dev bas=
e board) and their SOM but there is much unsupported hardware still. They u=
sed to sell a case for it too.=C2=A0

If this is for work, Netgate may be your best option because it will come w=
ith a warranty and all the rest.=C2=A0

Russ

Sent=C2=A0from=C2=A0my=C2=A0BlackBerry=C2=A010=C2=A0smartphone=C2=A0on=C2=
=A0the=C2=A0Virgin=C2=A0Mobile=C2=A0network.

=C2=A0 Original Message =C2=A0