Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 1998 19:23:19 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        Ben Pepa <bpepa@msn.bc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Diskless X Terminals

I thought about it, but a $40 200MB drive from my dealer that
I put in an old 386SX was too easy to turn down. The setup
was easy. Install FreeBSD over the LAN, configure just enough OS
and X to start things, set up NFS (and NIS for the more energetic)
and presto!

Now, the 386 is... leisurely. But given the particular application,
it's OK. Your 486 machines should do fine. The bios is not of concern,
FBSD only needs it to find the disk then it takes over. The Bios in the
386 only sees 40MB.

Good Luck!

John