Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:30:42 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>
To:        zak@beam.dropbear.id.au
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/34794: [patch] Documentation Primer uses deprecated HTML examples.

On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, zak beam wrote:

> >Fix:
> 	Remove references to align attribute and possibly replace it with
> 	another example. However &lt;p&gt; is used as an example throughout
> 	this chapter so those references may need changing to remain consistent.
> 	If this is determined to be an issue and no-one else is keen to, I'm
> 	prepared to make the needed changes.

The issue here is whether the fdp wants to try to comply with STRICT or
whether TRANSITIONAL is fine.

How does TRANSITIONAL work?  Does it retain deprecated tags indefinitely
or does it do exactly what its name suggests and allow a period for
rewriting between specs?

Personally I don't see this as being much of an issue given the
exceedingly slow rate of change of the HTML spec and the fact that HTML
itself hasn't been the cutting edge of web development for about 5 years.

Comments anyone?

--
Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>