Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 2020 09:45:53 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Brandon helsley <brandon.helsley@hotmail.com>
Cc:        Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>, freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Port maintenance

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 at 09:20, Brandon helsley
<brandon.helsley@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, I use the nvidia 390 driver and nvidia-xsettings, but they both hav=
e no maintainer. I read all the material about what the responsibilitys are=
 for a maintainer and I think I can do a couple. I got a message from ports=
cout about a couple of ports that needed updated. I didn't sign up for any =
yet but could start there. How do I set my email address to maintainer? I w=
ill begin soon after I reread the documentation for contributing to ports a=
nd maybe ask a few more questions as they arise.

The usual process is to submit an update (a fix or a version-update)
to the port via bugs.freebsd.org. If it has no maintainer and you're
willing to adopt it, your update will also change the MAINTAINER in
the Makefile.

Cheers.
--=20
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>