Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 07:49:55 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@nebula.tbe.com>
To:        Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apple talk and samba?

Capriotti writes:

> BTW, I never found out how to share one single directory with netatalk;
> Actually I never toook the time to try it. If you find out, let me know.

You do it with /usr/local/etc/AppleVolumes.default. This is mine:

# This file looks empty when viewed with "vi".  In fact, there is one
# '~', so users with no AppleVolumes file in their home directory get
# their home directory by default.
~
/usr/home/dkelly/public_html/cbd cbd

Something to experiment with. If a user selects "guest" when connecting
to my system via AppleShare the only volume they see is named "cbd".
This directory has to be world readable, with world execute on
directories.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@nebula.tbe.com