Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 1999 20:51:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        "q's" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   3COM 3C507 (ie0) ethernet driver broke in 2.2.6?

After much blood and sweat in 2.2.6, I finally plugged my troublesome
ethernet card into an old machine running 2.2-RELEASE, and it worked on
the first boot.

This leaves me with the option of either upgrading my 2.2.6 box and taking
my chances, or downgrading to 2.2.  Does anyone have a 3COM 3C507
EtherLink 16 card (driver is ie) that works in 2.2.8?  How about 3.0?

  Kenneth J. Marsh             University of Washington
  durang@u.washington.edu        Chemical Engineering