Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 1996 15:06:24 -0600
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Kim Culhan <kimc@w8hd.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sup is broken?

>On Sat, 3 Feb 1996, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:
>
>> Set up the initial src/ directory -- empty if you don't have the CD (use
>> the "A" starter) or a copy of the src/ tree from the CD ROM (use the much
>> smaller "C" starter)
>
>Do you mean as in /usr/src ?

Yes. (and NO)

I suggest that you create a separate directory for the 2.1 tree

Mine is in /pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-2.1/src/, but that is because I make it
publically available. You might want to use /usr/FreeBSD-2.1/src/

Then use lndir to "clone" it into /usr/src/.
That way, your objects and, more importantly, any local modifications, will
not polute the distributed tree.  CTM is VERY particular that you not
modify its tree yourself.

----
Richard Wackerbarth
rkw@dataplex.net