Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:19:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
To:        Anton <ant@nm.ru>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Staroffice install

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Anton wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need install StarOffice under FreeBSD 4.x.
> I installed linux library, wrote string linux_enable="YES" to
> /etc/rc.conf.  What's else?

Hi Anton,

From my install notes:

make sure running linux emulation
to doublecheck:

more /etc/rc.conf | grep linux

make sure linprocfs is mounted by running df; if it's not, add the
following line to /etc/fstab:

linproc /compat/linux/proc linprocfs rw 0 0

then mount it manually:

mount_linprocfs linproc /compat/linux/proc
can verify with df

from X, open up an xterm, become the superuser and:

/usr/ports/editors/staroffice52
make install clean

will start up GUI install program, accept license
if choose custom install, get an idea of what will be installed and can
pick and choose accordingly, I went for the works: coloured boxes means
will install, white boxes means won't, fuzzy coloured box means not all
items selected; click on box to toggle

When finished, end your Xsession. Restart the Xsession as your regular
user account. Open another xterm

cd /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52
make install-user

this will start another installation GUI
follow the prompts and fill in your user information
choose Standard Workstation Installation
accept path for files to be installed to
I ignored the error for Java and Adabas database
once finished, leave XSession and restart into KDE, now part of panel

offers to setup Internet for Staroffice, follow prompts

Dru