Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:39:29 -0800
From:      "Jeff Shevlen" <jshevlen@passedpawn.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Proxy Settings

Hi,

I want to force internet requests through my ISP's highspeed proxy,
but there is a catch.

On my home LAN, I'm using D-Link's router-hub-firewall as a gateway
(it's been great by the way).  My ISP has two proxies: one regular
gateway, and a second server (a caching server I think) that also has
the added advantage of no bandwidth limits. Unfortunately, I can't set
the D-Link up to direct requests to the ISP's highspeed/free proxy.
The D-Link router is welded shut (maybe not so great...)

What's the best/simplest way to direct all ftp and http requests to
the ISP's proxy from my FBSD host inside my LAN?

I'm not running PPP or the inet daemon btw.  And the D-Link uses DHCP
to boss the LAN around - if this helps.

TIA,
Jeff