Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 07:08:01 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@northwestern.edu>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Uninstalling "games" possible

At 09:31 PM 7/27/00 -0500, David J. Kanter wrote:
>I have no use for the games branch, but now realize that I've installed it
>in the past with the src-all cvsup file. What's the best way, if there is
>one, of deleting the games?

rm -r /usr/games /var/games

Mind that 'make installworld' will be recreate the tree.

>If I remove the src-games part of the cvsup file and make world, will that
>wipe out all the installed game binaries?

NOGAMES=true will only not build them.  Removal is *never* done
automagically.  Perhaps some day there will be a truly modular install
method.  Most likely only for binary, so source builds will always require
manual removal.

With NOGAMES set you can remove the entries from /etc/mtree/BSD.(usr|var).dist.

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve