Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:24:28 -0400
From:      "Miroslav Pendev" <shadow@CPE0004761ac738-CM00109515bc65.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: OT question sorry but i need salution fast ....

> > Well, that was one year ago, the price now is even lower
> > probably.
> >
> > You need:
> > 1.Two Wireless cards 2.4 GHz (check with FreeBSD 4.5 hardware
> > compatibility list or wait few days for 4.6 RELEASE)
> > Then pick up the cheaper cards (for Pakistan)
>

> Hey Miro,
>
> I hate poking my note but this one surely left me agape! I've
> been following this thread (mainly because something in it
> makes it land in my SPAM folder <G>), although the hardware
> being discussed is not yet in Africa <Sigh>.
>
> Is 4.6-RELEASE going to support 'everything' under the sun? ;)
> What is the reason behind your assertion on 4.6? Just curious, mate.

What is you problem?!
I was able to connect two networks on about 5Km one year ago
IN BULGARIA!? I am pretty sure you can find Wireless cards in Africa!
The price for the hardware in diferent country is different from the
price in US and Canada that is way I said 'for Pakistan'.

I mention 4.6 because he [the guy from Pakistan] needs something
CHEAP. Sometimes you can find drivers for new (or cheap) cards into new
releases! What is the point to buy cheap card if you do not
have drivers for it? The support for CISCO's Wireless cards was
in FreeBSD one year ago, but the support for Proxim's wasn't!

Any other questions from your SPAM folder?

--Miro