Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:13:23 -0500
From:      "Daryl Chance" <dchance@midsouth.rr.com>
To:        "Jordan Hubbard" <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        <doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Programmers Documentation Project

> I think any sorts of docs which enhance FreeBSD's approachability (is
> that a word?) for developers is sorely needed and a good thing.

Thanks, I'm going to email Jeroen and Neil and see if I can't get
started helping them out, or at least sit down over ICQ or IRC
and get up to speed :).

> My only suggestion would be that we try to use HTML (as a target
> format, not a source format of course) whenever possible so that
> we can leverage off this "WEB" thing I keep hearing about. :)

Oh, you mean that thing Al Gore invented?  I was reading (briefly)
the info on doxygen and it seems you can give it args to create
man pages too! :).  Nothing better then going into foo.c and
running accross bar() and not see any info, then opening up your
fav browser or doing man bar :).  I'll have to read more on doxygen
and find some other comment -> html utils and see if theres any
better ones out there.  I'd like to start helping out immeditely
but it doesn't look like I will be able to until I find a job and
even once I do find a job, I'll more then likely be moving to
Atlanta, GA from Memphis, TN.  We shall see.

Daryl.