Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:36:21 -0800
From:      Bill Huey (Hui) <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        "Georg-W. Koltermann" <g.w.k@web.de>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org, "Bill Huey (Hui)" <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Subject:   Re: Trying to compile HotSpot on 4.7-STABLE

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 03:15:21PM +0100, Georg-W. Koltermann wrote:
>     #ifdef LINUX //-billh
>     const int64_t min_jlong = 0x8000000000000000LL;
>     const int64_t max_jlong = 0x7fffffffffffffffLL;
>     #else
>     const jlong min_jlong = 0x8000000000000000L;
>     const jlong max_jlong = 0x7fffffffffffffffL;
>     #endif

Hmm, that's kind of wierd. Do what ever you need to do so that it'll
sensibly compile.

> I can of course copy the 'LL' notation to the non-LINUX case to make it
> compile, but I'm getting a little nervous that something goes wrong
> here.  The #ifdef is marked by Bill Huey and I assume he #ifdef'ed the
> lines carefully, the way they should be.
>
> Should I #define LINUX ?  Would this be solved if I use GCC31?

Well, you shouldn't. You should be using gcc 3.2 for your compiler. I'm
not sure if the port is still broken or not, but 3.1 will do too.

We collectively need to propagate a newer set of patches to the public
and I wish this was automatic so that folks aren't completely out of
sync with our CVS. I'm about to do some major reworking here in 1.3.1,
so it'll push that need even more.

bill