Date:      Sun, 8 Apr 2001 18:34:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "c. schindler" <cschindl@wam.umd.edu>
To:        todd marek <todd@somahq.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: learning darwin

hey there

u might want to pick up unix in a nutshell and unix power tools from
o'reilly.  both books are loaded with info on how to used text editor and
various other unix commands.  also the bsd book by greg lehey is also a
good reference.  if u have no previous experience with unix or any unix
flavors, it will seem akward at first.  learn how to do some basic
commands like login and create directories.  there are plenty of unix
tutorials on the web.  hope this helps.

chris
news for free-bsd questions, stuff that really matters