Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:35:50 +0200
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cx_lowest and CPU usage

on 14/02/2008 23:19 Kevin Oberman said the following:

> It certainly blocks ever reaching C3 because of the continual activity
> it generates, but I can see that it might also increase the interrupt
> time while in C2. That said, I just did some testing on my laptop in C2
> and, while I see a small increase in interrupt load, it is not anywhere
> near what is being reported in this thread.

Kevin,

a lot also depends on how idle/interrupt/user/etc is calculated.
See my recent post to -hackers.
When I had only an intuitive feeling of how those things are calculated
I also suspected that some extra calls, transition times, etc might be
to blame. But after I briefly looked through the code my opinion was
somewhat altered.

--
Andriy Gapon