Date:      Mon, 7 Jul 2003 23:40:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      t r <bob_citizen@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Subject unrelated - help with urgent and frustrating issue

Hey There Iain,

Look, I know this is unrelated to what you do, but I couldn't help but notice that in one of your postings you said that you had the same model notebook that I have and am having problems with now.

I have just purchased a second-hand Sony VAIO PCG-R505TFP. I have just formatted the hard disk ready to install Windows XP Pro. Unfortunatly the prior owner no longer had the recovery CD that came with the notebook. So now that I have formatted the hard disk, I don't have a CD with which to install the drivers it requires to operate. I called Sony and they said that they don't offer the drivers for download on the Internet. The only drivers you can download from Sony are update drivers for if you have updated your notebook after you bought it. So basically, I have this bloody expensive, useless, formatted notebook sitting here, that I can't install windows on, simply because Sony is too lazy to put the correct drivers on their website.

I'm wondering if we can come to an arrangment whereby I can obtain a copy of your recovery CD with which to fix my notebook. I would be happy to pay you a little bit for your efforts, as well as foot the costs of postage and the CD's required. Please consider taking some time out of your day to help me with this, as I am absolutly desperate and I don't know where else to turn.

If you decide to reply to this email,  just tell me a resonable price, what you think would be fair for your services.

Alternately, if you could make the drivers available for download somewhere, that would be equally appreciated and probably less effort. Thankyou for spending the time to read this, and thanks in advance for any help or advice you decide to give me.

- Regards, David