Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:10:48 -0800
From:      Rob Lytle <europa100@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   no FreeBSD implementation works with Freenet

Hi,

It is the first time that I have tried any of the FreeBSD
implementations for running Freenet in quite a while- but the result
is still the same. Everything that I have tried fails.  I have tried
linux-blackdown, linux-sun, and the native JDK1.4.2 and they all fail
with an error message similar to this:

Dec 13, 2005 9:05:06 AM (freenet.node.Node, main, ERROR): Encountered
an unexpected error when locking the lockfile
'/crypt/rob2/freenet/lock.lck'. Shutting down. java.io.IOException:
Operation not supported at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.lock0(Native
Method) at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.tryLock(FileChannelImpl.java:788)
at java.nio.channels.FileChannel.tryLock(FileChannel.java:967) at
freenet.node.Node.init(Node.java:3677) at freenet.node.Main.main
(Main.java:476)

Freenet works fine on Windows and Gentoo Linux, but it seems like it
has just never ever worked on FreeBSD.

Rob.

--
http://home.comcast.net/~europa100