Date:      Mon, 19 May 1997 01:31:22 -0500
From:      Wm Brian McCane <root@bmccane.uit.net>
To:        richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk)
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scanner support?

> I recently had the pleasure of using a Microtek E3 scanner.  It works
> quite well, has good color, reasonable reasolution (300x600dpi) and
> is very inexpensive (~$190).  It uses a SCSI interface and is
> supposedly TWAIN compatible.
>
> So how hard could it be to write some code to drive this thing?

I am trying to develop an TWAIN driver of a sort.  I found a kerenel driver
called PINT, which stands for PINT Is Not Twain.  Unfortunately, I have found
the most recent version of the software out on the 'net, then I ran out of
spare time (which is good when your a consultant 8).  If you have the time and
would like the sources, let me know and I can send what I have to you.

	brian