Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 15:10:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Keith Leonard <keithl@wakko.gil.net>
Cc:        Larry Marso <lsmarso@panix.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: imake error in /usr/ports compiling

On Fri, 31 Jan 1997, Keith Leonard wrote:

> know this doesn't help but I've been struggling with exactly the same
> problem for the last two days. Attempted to install xcdplayer, xcd,
> workman from the ports collection and got exactly the same response when
> it tried to config. Been there, done that...
>
> I originally installed X-user and latter added the 'sys' so that I could
> compile sound into the kernel - that's when all hell broke loose. The
> kernel compile went fine but nothing else would get past this Imake
> thingeee.

IMake is a XWindows replacement for make.  It uses a core template called
'imake.tmpl' that is installed with the XF32prog distribution.  Install
that and you should be OK.  I don't understand why it's not finding it, it
works just fine on my machine.

It doesn't matter if it's in the path or not, the path is not searched for
Imake.

Try adding the '-I/path/to/directory-with-imake.tmpl' to your makefiles if
it's having trouble finding it.  See the imake man page's I option.