Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 1997 16:35:13 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Udo Wolter <uwp@ukrv.de>
To:        swallace@ece.uci.edu (Steven Wallace)
Cc:        yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp, bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PS/2 and Keycode bug

Hi !

> >>There is still a big problem with the PS/2 and keyboard.
> >>
> >>Note that while using the mouse and typing at the same time this problem
> >>occurs.
> >
> > Exactly which version of FreeBSD are we talking about? Would you
> > please tell me.
> This has happened for a long time.  FreeBSD 2.1 through 2.2.2
> >
> > In addition, description on your motherboard, CPU, keyboard and
> > PS/2 mouse will be useful too.
>
> This has happeneed on my old motherboard, Iwill P54TSW2, and my
> brand new motherboard, Iwill P55XUW.
> Regular keyboard, logitech mouse (serial or PS2).
> This mouse has a converter that lets you use it as a serial mouse.
> As a serial mouse, it will work fine via the sio driver. PS2 mouse
> via PS2 port has this prob.
>
> I'm surprised more people haven't complained.

I'm also complaining. I'm using a PS/2 mouse at work and a mousesystems serial
mouse at home, but I have those keyboard lockups at both places !
The mouse and keyboard are still hanging while the machine's still working,
I can rlogin from other machines and kill X etc. But the keyboard never
comes back, I never get any console until I reboot.

I've read in the buglist that the keyboard hang ist still there. Funny: I
have these problems since 2.2.1, in 2.1.7 there were no problems. I believe
my keyboard hangs only when the load gets too high. It never hung while I'm
doin' nothin'. It only hung up when I really kick the machine to boost
every bit out of it.

Bye,
	Udo

--