Date:      Sun, 03 Jan 1999 21:52:02 +0100
From:      "Lasse L. Johnsen" <lasse@email.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IPFW Question

I ran into a problem trying to do the following: I want, using the IPFW,
to disable my echo service. This works via icmp so the following line
disables it totally:
"ipfw add 1 reject icmp from any to 212.242.22.0/24" <- being my subnet
However - this makes it impossible for me to ping others - and that
wasen't intended so I tried this:
"ipfw add 1 reject icmp from any to 212.242.22.0/24 7" this is still not
possible. When trying to reject or deny icmp no port can be specified,
and if I deny or reject all trafic ( tcp/udp) to my port 7 it is still
possible to ping my computer.

My kernel has of course been compiled to support ipfw.

Can anybody help me?

Best Regards
Lasse L. Johnsen /Denmark