Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 10:34:34 -0400
From:      "Morse, Richard E." <REMORSE@PARTNERS.ORG>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Updating question (yes, I know that this has been rehashed many t imes...)

Hi!  I've read the handbook.  I've done searches on the group (although I might
have missed something), and I'm still confused.  I have 4.5-release (no patches
yet), and I want to upgrade with the security patches.  I've figured out cvsup,
and have the latest sources from TAG=RELENG_4_5.  I've generated my new kernel
configuration file just fine (although, quick question: do I need 'pseudo-device
md'?).  So I'm ready to compile a new kernel / world, and install.

Here's where I get confused.

I know I start with:
	cd /usr/src
	make -j4 buildworld KERNCONF=EINSTEIN
	--go to single-user mode
	cd /usr/src
	make installworld KERNCONF=EINSTEIN
	mergemaster
	cd /dev
	./MAKEDEV all
	--reboot

Do I have mergemaster in the correct position?  (Also, can I just type it from
the command line, or do I need a path to it?)

Is everything else correct?  Have I forgotten anything?

Thanks,
Ricky