Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2003 12:10:31 -0400
From:      "M Gomez" <mike@cjhost.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   HELP

I was running 4.6.2 on a Dell Poweredge 2300
It has been running with relatively no probems since it was released.
I recently upgraded to 4.8. At that time I started experiencing as sorts =
of anomolies. I figured it may have been a jacked upgrade. So I killed =
the partitions and started from scratch after backing up passwd files =
and home dirs and such.

Same thing....

The anomoly I am speaking of is slowness. For example. I type pine and =
it takes at least 15 seconds for it to start. This is remotely and =
locally. Netstat command takes so long to complete that I never let it =
finish.  What is going on?  It is not isolated to these two programs. It =
took over 9 seconds to start Apache. In a nutshell. Every thing is slow. =
Another example. Logging in.

My servers stats
cjhost# uname -v
FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #0: Tue Apr 15 00:59:34 EST 2003     =
:/usr/src/sys/compile/COLONEL
cjhost#

DELL poweredge 2300
DUAL PII 400