Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2018 21:24:33 +0000
From:      Daniel O'CONNOR <Daniel.O'Connor@schneider-electric.com>
To:        Pietro Cerutti <gahr@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Daniel O'CONNOR <Daniel.O'Connor@schneider-electric.com>, "tcltk@FreeBSD.org" <tcltk@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: lang/tcl86 man pages

> On 13 Feb 2018, at 23:09, Pietro Cerutti <gahr@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>> and "man list.tcl86" works though.
>=20
> Yes, this was the solution chosen to allow different versions of Tcl to c=
ohexist. You can install tcl85 and tcl86 in parallel, and they won't have c=
onflicting man page files because of the suffix.

OK, fair enough.

>> Is there a way to have an alias so the plain man pages work?
>=20
> Not out of the box, I fear. What you could you is to redefine MAN_SUFFIX =
in lang/tcl86/Makefile. pkg-plist will need adjustment as it hardcodes the =
tcl86 part. So we could add MAN_SUFFIX to the PLIST_SUB list and use that i=
n pkg-plist.
>=20
> If you have a better suggestion, I'm all ears :)

Not really, I guess something like MacPort's "port select" command would be=
 good but I don't have any patches for said feature :)
--
Daniel O'Connor                   Senior Firmware Developer
Smart Devices Asia Pacific        M  0403070726