Date:      Wed, 06 Jan 1999 23:56:49 -0800
From:      larry_nilsen <larry_nilsen@eee.org>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ppp

Hi here it is i have only one serial port and parrallel
port on this computer. when i bootup my bios says
serial ports 3F8 which is fine.im trying to get FreeBSD
to recognise my modem on this box. when FreeBSD
boots up it detects it.
sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq on isa
sio0: type 16550A
"this is all great but i dont know how to make FreeBSD
find my modem? and if it has how do i know?
im running 2.2.7 FreeBSD and 1.7 on ppp.
when i configured my mouse to work on my console
and also in X it used the device /dev/cuaa0 also the
same device the ppp.conf says to use? so now i have
my mouse using the same device as the modem?
my mouse works perfect! in X and outside of X
"having" only one serial port on this computer.can my
mouse and modem share the same device? is there a
way to type somthing at the command prompt to see
if this FreeBSD box even recognises if i have a modem at all?
This is my modem>>>>
COMPRO COM-IV34a(336)
ACS Innovation
I dont have a manuel on this modem so one question is how
can i tell if this is a winmodem?and if it is "it means Ive been
spinning my wheels for a month...Whats confusing me is my WIN95
side says my modem is on (COM3) port ?but when im booting up
the bios only shows one port number 0x3F8 ? I read somthing that
goes like this 5.3.7. Serial and Parallel Ports.
Note that if you have an internal modem on COM4 and a serial port on
COM2 you will have to change the IRQ of the modem to 2 in order to
access it from FreeBSD ? In my situation my modem says its on COM3
and my serial port is on COM1 in WIN95 World! would any of this
pertain to me?

          Sorry for the long Message !     ThankYou.