Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 14:17:24 +0200
From:      Christoph Splittgerber <chris@sdata.de>
To:        "Wood, Richard" <rich@ruh-bath.swest.nhs.uk>
Cc:        "'Andrej.Brodnik@IBC.IskraSistemi.Si'" <Andrej.Brodnik@IBC.IskraSistemi.Si>, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: overuninstall.sh and i4b_rbch_ioctl.h

"Wood, Richard" wrote:

> [...]

The way I see it, it is exactly what has to be done.

> overuninstall.sh only backs out changes made by overinstall.sh, i.e. it
> checks to see if a -BACKUP is available, and if so, removes the original and
> replaces it with the -BACKUP version.
 > If there is no -BACKUP version, the file has not been upgraded with
> overinstall.sh and therefore there is (or there should be) no change to back
> out.

False, overinstall.sh installed the new file, the reason there is no
-BACKUP is because the the file did not exist in the previous release.
In this case, overinstall.sh has to remove the file regardless if there
is a -BACKUP or not if it wants to undo the changes that overinstall.sh
made.

Christoph