Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 13:12:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dylan Northrup <northrup@ucet.ufl.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ccd question

I've asked this question on comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc, but repost it here
in the hope of increasing my chances of getting an answer.

Does anyone have instructions for setting up a couple of drives to work as
one ccd?  I've been mucking around with it for a bit, but seem to not quite
have everything down.  Here's the steps I went through...

sh MAKEDEV ccd0		# Everything worked fine here and the dev files were
					# created
disklabel -er /dev/sd1s1	# Had to change the disklabel from unused to
disklabel -er /dev/sd2s1	# 4.2BSD
ccdconfig -cv ccd0 0 none /dev/sd1s1 /dev/sd2s1

Here's where I'm stuck.  I've been told that I need to newfs the ccd0.
Through trial and error I've found that /dev/ccd0c seems to be the device I
want to work on (if you can tell me an automated way to know which device is
the right one to work with, I'd appreciate that too).  Doing a 'newfs
/dev/ccd0c' tells me that ccd0c is not a character-special device, the
device is not configured and that can't read the disk label; disk type must
be specified.  I can't disklabel /dev/ccd0c (or any other ccd0 devices)
because it says the device is not configured.

Are there any instructions that will give me a direction to follow from
here?

--
Dylan Northrup <*>
northrup@nwe.ufl.edu <*>

Random B5 Quote
"So, I ask myself 'Now who on the station could pull together the
  ingredients of bagna cauda so far from Earth?'  You
  qualifications precede you, Mr. Orwell."
  -- Dr. Franklin to Mr. Orwell and Mr. Garibaldi, "A Distant Star"