Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 1996 21:26:59 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Stefan Esser <se@zpr.uni-koeln.de>
To:        soward@service1.uky.edu
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ahc controller

John Soward writes:

 > I tried to sup the current stuff and load it on an HP Pentium-Pro (XU 6/150).
 > Things went mostly okay, until I made the kernel and rebooted... The kernel
 > didn't seem to have the ahc driver for the 7880 controller (or the extra 2940
 > in a PCI slot). I was able to boot it with the old (2.2 current kernel (from
 > about may)), but that's not really what I had in mind ;^>
 >
 > Anyone have an suggestions?

What chip set is being used in that PPro machine ?

Did the current kernel see ANY PCI devices at all ?

Please boot with "-v" and send me all numbers on
lines that start with pcibus_setup or pcibus_check.

Regards, STefan

PS: I'd really like to have a VERBOSE boot message
    log from the working kernel, too ...