Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 19:32:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        spider 90 <spider90@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: windowsx shut down

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, spider 90 wrote:

> ...when I want to leave or exit the windows manager program the screen
> goes blank instead of taking me back to the shell text screen.
> Occasionally I do get that screen when exiting windows manager, but
> usually I get a blank screen.
>     I ... am running a ... 15 inch monitor, vodoo banshee card, ...
Not to belabor the obvious, but it almost sounds like your monitor is
having trouble re-syncing to the new frequency of the plain text screen.
If this is a fairly new 15-inch monitor, then chances are it's a
low-budget special. Have you tried using a different monitor?

--
Chris Hill                     chris@monochrome.org
[place witty saying here]