Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:19:15 -0500
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        Jussi Reissell <reissell@cc.helsinki.fi>, Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A couple of cvs hickups (Was: Re: japanese/ruby14-tcltklib)

The refuse file is best used to not bother downloading stuff you don't need
such as the docs directory files that are in several other languages. Of
course other specifics can be included too. Takes up time, bandwidth and
disk space so the refuse file is very useful.

At 06:02 PM 10.16.2001 +0300, Jussi Reissell wrote:

>Redirected this to -questions, tweaked the topic and Cc-line.
>
>Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net> writes:

>> > That's strange. I pull the ports from a private copy of the cvs
>> > repository. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, Investigation timeout ...
>>
>> You wouldn't happen to have a CVSup refuse file, or maybe pull just
>> certain collections instead of ports-all, would you?
>
>No, I don't have a refuse file. Or rather, I do have one but it's not
>operational. I keep a local copy of the cvs repository up to date with
>CVSup and I'm not sure if/how the refuse file works with this
>setup. So, I just don't use it at the moment.
>
>My ports tree is just pulled with a 'cvs [co|update] -P ports'
>command and I don't quite understand why it pulls obsolete ports
>also. I've done a bit of checking here and there, but haven't yet
>stumbled on anything interesting ...

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Server Admin