Date:      16 Oct 2002 15:25:16 +0200
From:      Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
To:        "Weston M. Price" <wmprice@direcway.com>
Cc:        K.J.Koster@kpn.com, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: eclipse port

--=-jZtvsOan5Ifakn0idl0M

Hi!

> I have eclipse up and running on FreeBSD, however, be forwarned....
Hmm, runs fine for me.
=20
> The Linux 1.4.1 port has tons of problems on FreeBSD, in regards to Eclip=
se=20
> the 1.3.1 native FreeBSD port does as well. However the Linux 1.3.1 port =
and=20
> Eclipse work great togther.=20
I'm working on a native port for it. So, it'll only work with the native JD=
K=20
(because of JNI).

> Also,  you will have to install openmotif for the gui. Eclipse does suppo=
rt=20
> GTK > 2, however this is a bit more complicated to get working.=20
Motif is currently working here. My next task is to get the GTK stuff
working.

Marc
=20
--=20
"Premature optimization is the root of all evil." -- Donald E. Knuth

--=-jZtvsOan5Ifakn0idl0M

--=-jZtvsOan5Ifakn0idl0M--