Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:06:57 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        pstapley@rapidnet.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Missing Operating System

Your system is probably trying to boot from adifferent drive than FreeBSD
was installed to, or FreeBSD never wrote to the MBR. Try having the FreeBSD
installer rewrite the boot record (and perhaps the partition table), and
check BIOS to make sure that it is booting the right device. That isn't a
FreeBSD bug because the computer never actually executes a single
instruction of BSD code.