Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 1998 17:01:36 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew <perrya@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        Wesley Potter <W.Potter@wigan-leigh.ac.uk>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: your mail

Yes. Two ways. I recommend getting a cd-rom as it's heaps fast and easy.
The other way is by floppy disk and it's time consuming and _not_fun_!

Have a look at http://www.uk.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html
basically you have to download all the distributions (eg: bin) and put
them in a dir on the floppy of the same name as where they came from (eg:
in the bin dir)

Make sure that the bin.inf file is in the same dir, and I think it has to
be on the first diskette. If you are installing multiple distributions (as
you will) put the .inf file for the next distribution in the appropriate
subdirectory on the last floppy of the previous distribution. Say for
example you did the bin then man distributions, on the last diskette for
the bin distribution have a manpages dir with manpages.inf in it.

I don't recommend using floppies though if you can do it any other way.
Beg on -chat for someone in the uk to copy one for you and give them some
money, or buy the cd from walnut creek http://www.cdrom.com (recommended!)
get the book as well.

Andrew Perry