Date:      Sat, 9 Aug 1997 01:31:47 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Arjan de Vet <Arjan.deVet@adv.IAEhv.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape native version

In article <19970808014355.44693@vinyl.quickweb.com> you write:

>> Actually, it was of Communicator.  And, perhaps he should have mentioned
>> it needs to run under 2.2 as it was linked dynamically and has VD
>> (Version Discrepency) on the g++, c and stdc shared libraries.
>
>Anyone else notice that it often just refuses to die?? I'd say about 60%
>of the time for me, when I close it by selecting "Exit" from the menu,
>or close the window using the window manager, Netscape disapears from
>the screen, but a process list shows me it's still there, eating up
>20MB or RAM and burning away my CPU. 'kill -9' is your friend..

I have another strange problem. When I start Netscape 4.02b7 for the first
time and accept the license everything goes fine. When I exit Netscape and
restart it again it starts burning away the CPU. The 'solution' I found was
to remove the license line in preferences.js and then it works again.

Arjan