Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2002 16:35:37 -0500
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IRQ conflicts with Nic & Modem

My Nic card and my pci modem cards both want to use irq 9
and the same base address. I checked the Nic configuration
program and it does not allow the IRQ to be changed.
The modem and Nic are both PNP but under FBSD they just
will not play nice. The Nic gets bypassed at boot time when
the modem card is installed and it's vendor/unit info id is
entered in the sio.c pci table so FBSD will know it as a
serial device.
I also have irq conflict between video card and sound card.

Is there some way to tell FBSD which card is to use which irq?