Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:20:18 +0100
From:      "Rogier R. Mulhuijzen" <drwilco@drwilco.nl>
To:        "Adriaan Erasmus" <aerasmus@ltc.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Darn Soundblaster Live :(

--=====================_1108044176==_.ALT

>Every time I make the thing hangs up. I never had this problem b4 and I
>think its has something to do with my CPU choice in my config file so here
>is the million dollar question.

 From when is your current -current install? (no pun intended)

I seem to recall people not being able to build anything without hangs not
too long ago.

Try installing 4.2 from binary distributions over your -current, and then
CVSup and build a brand spanking new -current.

>If I have a Celeron 400 which CPU type should I choose
>i586 or i686 ????

CPU_I686.... 586 is Pentium, 686 is Pentium Pro, and Pentium II and up
(Celeron started with having a P2 core with less cache IIRC)

         DocWilco
--=====================_1108044176==_.ALT

the thing hangs up. I never had this problem b4 and I think its has
something to do with my CPU choice in my config file so here is the
 From when is your current -current install? (no pun intended)<br>
I seem to recall people not being able to build anything without hangs
not too long ago.<br>
Try installing 4.2 from binary distributions over your -current, and then
CVSup and build a brand spanking new -current.<br>
400 which CPU type should I choose</font><br>
CPU_I686.... 586 is Pentium, 686 is Pentium Pro, and Pentium II and up
(Celeron started with having a P2 core with less cache IIRC)<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>DocWilco</html>