Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:33:30 -0600
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IDE hard disk recoms

On Jun 16, 2004, at 12:05 PM, Chuck Swiger wrote:

> I still wouldn't get a drive with the Quantum brand name on it today,
> however...

Besides the fact that Quantum got bought by Maxtor, Quantum had several
lines, some of which were quite good and some of which were not so
good.  Quantum had bought DECs drive technology business and their high
end drives were basically DEC technology based...  I believe that
Maxtors, at least the high end SCSI drives, still continue that legacy

Chad