Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 1997 11:06:55 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        felix@royal.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Complete FreeBSD (2.2.2)

On Fri, Nov 28, 1997 at 02:35:51PM +0000, Aled Treharne wrote:

> I recently bought the 2.2.2 CD-set from Walnut creek, along with the
> book as a package. Is this the latest version of the book?

At the time you bought it, yes.

> Having lent the book and cd-set to some non-unix friends, they got
> rather confused, especially since the book mentions that they need
> to use atapi.flp not boot.flp.

How long have you been subscribed to FreeBSD-questions?  More than a
week?  Then you should have seen the errata list that I send to the
list every Monday.  It tells you that atapi.flp is no longer needed.
You can pick up the list from ftp://ftp.lemis.com/pub/cfbsd/errata-1.

> Is there a new book out or in the pipeline?

If I'm lucky, the final draft will be complete today, and it should be
available by about Christmas.

Greg