Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:49:27 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Bigwillie <mvanberk@optonline.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: QT2.2.0

Bigwillie wrote:

> Nathan, Ill try your solution when I get back.
> Kent, your losing me.  In my original email I stated that I found out that
> qt 2.2 was installed when I envoked "pkg_info -a | grep qt".  Anyway, Im
> trying what you said and installing it again.  Ill check up on it when I
> get back.

You are right. I was expecting the information and I assumed it was
blank. Two of these today. Not a good day :). FWIW, I find the new
port structure lends itself to finding files. The pkg-plist lists all
of the files and a locate will tell you where they are. The libraries
are built and they aren't in the list but libqt2... stands out.
Setting up the environmental variables so a make works properly
requires reading better than I have done today :).

I've stayed away from the seti_watch kind of utility because I lose a
couple of positions every day or so. On my systems, the command line
version of Setiathome runs about 10% slower on FreeBSD than it does on
Windows 2000. I have accumulated several 100 wu's on each machine for
both OSes, which evens out the variations. The systems are multi-boot.
It seems like a few months ago, I was around 1950th place and now I'm
up over 4200th place. I don't want it to run any slower :). I have
read that with all of the new processing they are doing version 3 may
run up to 40% slower than 2.4.

Kent