Date:      10 Sep 2000 17:36:27 +0200
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Joystick support?

What's the extend of our joystick support (in -STABLE)?

joy(4) supports a traditional analog joystick on ISA, port 0x201.
That probably works for game ports on ISA sound cards.

What about game ports on PCI sound cards?  I have a Soundblaster
64V/128PCI in one machine, and there's no sign that the game port
is recognized.

Also, analog PC joysticks seem to be dead technology, all currently
available ones are USB.  Are these supported in any way? What would
the API be anyway?  Some friends tell me, that Linux has a kind of
bridge device that maps a USB HID joystick to a traditional analog
PC joystick device.