Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 1999 14:38:25 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   xl0: command never completed!

Morning all...

	On a 3.3-STABLE machine, being used as a Squid server, I'm getting
a pretty continuous stream of teh following message to /var/log/messages:

Oct 16 14:21:01 demeter /kernel: xl0: command never completed!

	Not including the "last message repeated # times" messages, I've
got 68 of them in the last 9hrs or so...

	dmesg reports the card as being:

xl0: <3Com 3c905B-TX Fast Etherlink XL> rev 0x24 int a irq 9 on pci0.20.0
xl0: Ethernet address: 00:10:4b:69:5c:64
xl0: autoneg complete, link status good (half-duplex, 10Mbps)

	Which I've always found to be a pretty reliable card in the
past...

	Possible bug in our driver?  Harmless error?  I'm more worried
about performance of the machine then anything, since its the first
production FreeBSD machine I've been able to railroad through at work, and
other then that, she's operating such that its pissing some ppl off...they
expected it to crash and burn ages ago *grin*

Systems Administrator @ hub.org