Date:      Fri, 1 May 2009 10:12:50 -0400
From:      Seur Bors <seurbors@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel errors - watchdog timeout

Greetings,

I'm constantly getting the following repeated in my /var/log/messages:

kernel: re0: watchdog timeout
kernel: re0: link state changed to DOWN
kernel: re0: link state changed to UP

This was happening right from the get-go on new hardware running
7.1-Release-p4, but only happened infrequently. Apparently as well, although
everything seems to be working, the server seems to be responding very
sluggish (over 10 minutes to work with a 1MB file through a Samba share, no
exageration on the time).

Can someone point me to required reading for these types of networking
errors?

Thanks in advance!