Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 1998 14:46:34 +0800
From:      Stephen Cooper <stephen.cooper@alphawest.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network interfaces not configured at boot up in 2.2.5

I have just upgraded my laptop from 2.2.2 to 2.2.5, for some reason my
network interfaces no longer get configured at bootup. They are still
configured in /etc/rc.conf as they were under 2.2.2.

Has the way in which rc.network configures network interfaces changed
under 2.2.5? The 2.2.5 rc.network script seems to be looking for a
specific interface startup script much the way Solaris does.

Do I need to start with a fresh rc.conf perhaps ?

Thanks in advance, Steve Cooper

Stephen Cooper  BASc
mailto:5032744@pager.mirabilis.com
Internet and Systems Security Consultant
mailto:stephen.cooper@alphawest.com.au

If you want me urgently page me with ICQ.

Internet and Open Systems
Alphawest Pty Ltd                    URL:
http://www.alphawest.com.au/ios
Tel: +61 8 94296100