Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:47:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Scott Nolde <scott@smnolde.com>
To:        ann kok <annkok2001@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: scan the ports

Your ISP is most likely filtering them.  If you're not running SAMBA on
your webserver, or did not bind samba to your webserver's external NIC IP,
then you do not have these services available.

Again, I think your ISP is filtering them.  This is a Good Thing(tm).

- Scott

smacked into the keyboard previously by owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG:

 >Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 08:28:22 -0700 (PDT)
 >From: ann kok <annkok2001@yahoo.com>
 >To: questions@FreeBSD.ORG
 >Subject: scan the ports
 >
 >Hi all
 >
 >I discovered the following after scanning my webserver
 >

 >137/tcp    filtered    netbios-ns
 >138/tcp    filtered    netbios-dgm
 >139/tcp    filtered    netbios-ssn
 >
 >What are the functions of the ports?