Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:27:38 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@govital.net>
To:        David Raistrick <keen@damoe.wireless-isp.net>
Cc:        david@www3.pacific-pages.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help using cucipop - newbie

David Raistrick wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, David Banning wrote:
>
> > I am used to using a pop server like popclient
> > where I can put my mail server name, password, and
> > mail login on the command line.  How do you
>
> You need a pop3 /client/ not a server.
>
> > execute cucipop? How do you say "go get my mail now? -
> > and get it from such-and such mail server?"
>
> cucipop is a pop3 /daemon/ (server).  It lets clients talk to it and
> retrieve mail, it does not talk to another daemon to retrieve mail.
>
> > I'm having a problem with fetchmail right now with
>
> Heh.  Welcome to the club...What exactly is the problem you are having
> with fetchmail?
>
> later...david (any other actual pop3 clients other then fetchmail? I've
> yet to find anything...and none of the mail clients have a builtin pop3
> client that is worth a damn either....hmm.)
>
> --
> David Raistrick         Digital Wireless Communications
> davidr@dwcinet.com

<<<IF>>> you can find it, (used to be in the ports collection, release
2.2.2 ~ 3.1, should be on said cd's), there's a simple little utility
called 'popclient'. You will not find it from running /stand/sysinstall,
but you will find it if you install the ports collection off of one of
these older cd's. It's a relatively small program, and knock-on-wood has
yet yo fail me. I use it every four minutes on a cron job to copy our
olde ISP-based mail account to a local mail account within our
intranet... works great.

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com