Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:13:41 -0400
From:      Anatoly Vorobey <mellon@pobox.com>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Legal Comprehension (was: Re: ksh ?)

You, David Kelly, were spotted writing this on Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 10:58:02PM -0500:

> If I was Dictator Of The World I'd leave the President and Congress to
> do the dirty work but the first Order I'd impose would be, "You can
> pass no new law unless the President can score 70% on an exam based on
> that law." The simple idea being if a professional lawmaker doesn't
> understand 70% of the new law then there is no hope of a citizen ever
> understanding well enough to comply.

But is the President a lawmaker? I thought he was a professional
law breaker^H^H^H^H^H^H^Henforcer and, err, vetoer...

Maybe you should require the Congress to take the exam and the law
would only pass if >=70% members pass the exam...

--
Anatoly Vorobey,
mellon@pobox.com http://pobox.com/~mellon/