Date:      Wed, 6 May 1998 14:51:20 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        brian@worldcontrol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: patch not understanding filenames with spaces in them

Howdy,

> Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to me...  The text
> leading up to this was:  -------------------------- |diff -N -u -r
> AfterStep-1453/afterstep/start/Decorations/Animations/Star Trek
> AfterStep/afterstep/start/Decorations/Animations/Star Trek |---
> AfterStep-1453/afterstep/start/Decorations/Animations/Star Trek Mon Mar
> 2 23:26:35 1998 |+++
> AfterStep/afterstep/start/Decorations/Animations/Star Trek Thu Jan 1
> 01:00:00 1970 --------------------------

The AfterStep patches are completely hosed.  I don't know who released
them but holy cow.

I have a port that's ready to roll - but I haven't tested it yet.  I need
to do a bit of testing it on my port testing machine - read the home
machine - before I submit it.  It might be in as early as tomorrow barring
no problems (I still haven't fixed the pkg_add difficulties with
parentheses - ie changed those files so they have NO parens).

The spaces shouldn't be hosing things - it's the fact that the directories
are all hosed.  One way to get around this is move the patches to the
AfterStep directory (after un-tarballing the source) and use patch -p1.

Brett