Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 2009 09:02:21 -0500
From:      Jerry <gesbbb@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing 'config' file with port

--Sig_/lNH0ueUZBSum+Z_5P7.yuwz

I know that is is probably obviously; however, I still can not get it
to work. This is the first time I have tried to do this, so bear with
me.

I am creating a port that will install a 'config' file in the
"/usr/local/etc" directory. Reading through the 'Porters Handbook", I
cam across this example.

post-install:
    @if [ ! -f ${PREFIX}/etc/orbit.conf ]; then \
        ${CP} -p ${PREFIX}/etc/orbit.conf.sample ${PREFIX}/etc/orbit.conf ;=
 \
    fi

First, when I write the 'config' file, do I place it under the ports
'files' directory and give it a ".in".

Second, what do I have to do to get the file installed in the config
directory?

The program does not come with a config file by default. If that should
change, how would I go about using it instead of the one I created?

--=20
Jerry
gesbbb@yahoo.com

Those who can, do; those who can't, write.
Those who can't write work for the Bell Labs Record.

--Sig_/lNH0ueUZBSum+Z_5P7.yuwz

--Sig_/lNH0ueUZBSum+Z_5P7.yuwz--