Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 01:29:20 -0500
From:      Nathan Mace <mace_nathan@uchaswv.edu>
To:        Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS wierdness

On Wednesday 20 March 2002 01:08 am, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 March 2002 08:17 pm, Nathan Mace wrote:
> > ok i sorta kinda got NFS working.  if i export /var or /usr i can mount
> > them jsut fine on the client.  the only problem is when i try to mount my
> > home directory which is in /usr/home/(nathan).  /usr/home is on a
> > seperate partition from /, and it is also running softupdates.  i don't
> > know which is causing the problem, softupdates or the fact that it's a
> > different partition. can anyone help me here?  thanks
> >
> > nathan
>
> You need to export /usr and /usr/home on the same line.
>
> ie: /usr /usr/home  -maproot=0 yourmachine
>
> Good Luck,

ok i did what you said, putting them on one line, and mountd complained about
errors in the exports file.  so i switched them back the way they were
before, and it worked!  now i can get to my home directory on the server just
fine, and as near as i can tell nothing is different than the million times
before when it failed!!  any ideas??  thanks for the help.  you guys rock!

nathan